WASHINGTON, D.C. – January 16, 2012 – (RealEstateRama) — Congressman David Scott [GA-13], in partnership with the U.S. Departments of Treasury and Housing and Urban Development (HUD), is pleased to announce the upcoming Making Home Affordable “Help for Homeowners Event” in Atlanta on Friday, January 25, 2013. Homeowners who are struggling to make mortgage payments or refinance should attend to meet in-person with mortgage servicers and HUD-approved housing counselors for assistance at no cost.
With Georgia currently ranked fifth in the nation for foreclosures, Congressman Scott is teaming up with the Obama Administration for the third consecutive year to organize Help for Homeowners Events in Atlanta and strengthen the area housing market by helping more struggling homeowners prevent avoidable foreclosures.
Mortgage assistance options that will be offered include:
· on site preparation of applications for Georgia’s HomeSafe program, which provides up to 18 months of mortgage assistance for the unemployed or underemployed;
· initial counseling to apply for a mortgage modification;
· document signing and review for modifications;
· on-site execution of final modification agreements;
· counseling for homeowners who are current but struggling on their mortgages; and
· short-sale assistance.
For a complete list of documents homeowners should bring, click here.
WHEN: Friday, January 25, 2013, 1:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
WHERE: Cobb Galleria Centre – Hall A | 2 Galleria Parkway | Atlanta, GA 30339
Complimentary Self‐Parking at Cobb Galleria Parking Lots
WHO: American Home Mortgage Servicing
Aurora Loan Services
Bank of America
Georgia Department of Community Affairs
IBM Lender Business Process Servicing
Litton Loan Servicing
One West Bank (Indy Mac)
Select Portfolio Servicing
State Home Mortgage
U.S. Veterans Administration
Wells Fargo/ Wachovia