Washington, DC – May 23, 2011 – (RealEstateRama) — Congressman David Scott [GA-13], in partnership with the U.S. Departments of Treasury and Housing and Urban Development (HUD), will host the powerful two-day “Help for Homeowners Community Events” on Friday, June 17, 11am-7:30pm and Saturday, June 18, 9am-3pm. These events will take place at the Georgia International Convention Center in College Park.
These events are free opportunities for homeowners to meet one-on-one with mortgage lenders and HUD-approved housing counselors for mortgage assistance.
“The Atlanta region has been bit hard by unprecedented home foreclosure rates, especially homeowners from my District in Cobb, Clayton, Douglas, South Fulton, South DeKalb, and Henry counties. That is why I have been working hard with the U.S. Treasury Department to engage Atlanta-focused banks to participate in this powerful two day opportunity,” said Congressman David Scott (GA-13). I am proud to say that these banks have stepped up after I engaged them. And now, in addition to the banks the U.S. Treasury Dept. typically engages for these events, both large and mid-sized banks like Flagstar, Everhome, Nationstar, PHH Mortgage, and BB&T will be on site meeting with struggling homeowners and considering ways to help them save their homes.”
Please bring the following documents:
· Monthly mortgage statement
· Information about other mortgages on your home, if applicable
· Two most recent pay stubs for all household members contributing toward mortgage
· If self-employed, the most recent quarterly or year-to-date profit and loss statement and two years of tax returns
· Documentation of income you receive from other sources (alimony, child support, social security, etc.)
· Three most recent bank statements
· A utility bill showing homeowner name and property address
· Unemployment insurance letter
For more information, visit: www.MakingHomeAffordable.gov or www.HopeNow.com or call 1-888-995-HOPE (4673).
WHEN: Friday, June 17, 2011, 11:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, June 18, 2011, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
WHERE: Georgia International Convention Center (GICC)
2000 Convention Center Concourse, College Park, GA 30337
· On site parking is $3 per day.
· The GICC is available via the MARTA Airport station. From the Airport station, please board the free ATL SkyTrain located across the street and proceed to the GICC SkyTrain station.
· American Home Mortgage Servicing
· Aurora Loan Services
· Bank of America
· Everbank/ Everhome
· Georgia Department of Community Affairs
· GMAC Mortgage
· HSBC Mortgage
· IBM Lender Business Process Servicing
· Litton Loan Servicing
· One West Bank (Indy Mac)
· PNC Mortgage
· PHH Mortgage
· Select Portfolio Servicing (SPS)
· State Home Mortgage
· U.S. Bank
· U.S. Veterans Administration (VA)
· Wells Fargo/ Wachovia